Re: HYB: Rolling the Dice

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/16/1999 5:56:19 PM Central Standard Time,
janclarx@hotmail.com writes:

<< From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

 ><< ASCII ART, LIBRA STAR,  and SCORPIO STAR are from the cross of
 > Victoria Falls x Fall Spotlight.  They came from different pods in
 > different years and all rebloom.
 >    Do you know who the hybridizer is?
 >  >>
 >Walter Moore is the hybridizer. ...........Betty Wilkerson

 I'm sorry Betty, but I'm giving in to the urge to be pedantic. I believe
 Walter Moores was the hybridiser. :-))
 Jan Clark, Australia

Jan, watch out there or I'll hold all the lovely weather on our side of the
globe!  Don't mess with mother nature.  I've a special in with her you know!

Guess I got caught reversing a sentence.  LOL  When asked, "Do you know who
the hybridizer is," I replied, "Walter Moore is the hybridizer."   More
correctly, I might have said, "Walter Moore hybridized those irises."

I shall rephrase the sentence.  Walter Moore, hybridizer, crossed Victoria
Falls with pollen from Fall Spotlight to produce ASCII ART, LIBRA STAR, and
SCORPIO STAR.  Jan, does this sentence satisfy your pendantic nature?  An
active sentence with no passive sob sister stuff. . . . Betty W.  from BG

P.S.  I'll overlook your spelling of hybridizer if you cut me some slack on
is/was!  Deal?  LOL      :-)