Re: TB

From: Mike00Rita@aol.com

     Last year at the regional spring tour in Schreiners garden I did see Star
Ship Enterprise. It definitely draws the eye as being distinct. It is fairly
tall and has good substance. The foliage looked pretty good considering we
were in the midst of a very heavy rain and it had been raining for days. The
temps had dropped after 3 weeks of delightfully warm sunny days until about 2
weeks prior to the tour. If I remember correctly SSE was upright, straight
stemmed (good show stock) leaves were nearly without blemish, had more plants
coming from the sides with good placement. There were 2 blooms open with a bud
nearly open. I would guess it was a 3 yr. clump with nice manners. It was in
probably every row in the display garden and all the clumps looked quite good.
If you like showy, eye catching flowers, healthy plants which seem to hold
their own even in adverse weather you might want to think about the
investment. How well the plant will behave in your garden site is another
"toss of the dice".

     It was not the only iris I saw which caught my eye. There were some in K
Kepples garden we all drooled over such as Midnight Oil 36" a large sooty
black with matte standards and slightly velvet-clad falls; blackish grape
beards, lightly ruffled form (almost word for word out of his cat) as a for

    An excellent reason to attend any regional, or national tour-to see the
most gardens in a given area in the least amount of time.(and visit other iris
nuts) For that matter, visit the gardens of your fellow club members. I do
know some of you may be quite a number of miles between so that is not
feasible. My local club has members about 60 miles distance from end to end
but that is those members to which this is their where primary membership is
																								 Just another opinion.

Rita B