HYB: Zonals

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> >There were zonals and selfs in both pods, but only one plicata in
> >the first pod.
>
> Okay, I'll bite.  What's a "zonal"?  (I've never heard the term before.)

		Dennis, a zonal is a large white fall spot generally on a violet or
blue iris.  I have seen some reference to the zonal pattern on yellow
irises.

		CITY LIGHTS and SPEED LIMIT are among the newer ones.

		Go to

			http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/2920/

		Look for the picture of FALL SPOTLIGHT.  It has the largest zonal
spot I have seen yet.  It may look like a plic, but it is not.

		Walter Moores
		Enid Lake, MS 7/8