Re: HYB: Zonals

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/17/1999 10:31:38 AM Central Standard Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

 > >There were zonals and selfs in both pods, but only one plicata in
 > >the first pod.
 >
 > Okay, I'll bite.  What's a "zonal"?  (I've never heard the term before.)

 		Dennis, a zonal is a large white fall spot generally on a violet or
 blue iris.  I have seen some reference to the zonal pattern on yellow
 irises.

Walter, isn't Victoria Falls considered a zonal?  I seem to remember an
article on zonals several years ago in the Bulletin or some other AIS pub that
featured V.F.  City Lights is one quarter V. F.  thru Windsurfer.

Also, how can I (we) tell the difference in a yellow plicata and a yellow
zonal.  I've not worked with either, but I'm curious.

to see Walters page again.