Re: OT: soil pH test kit

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)
>>The kit contains 100 strips and measures over a range of 4.5 to 10.
My question is, is this worth it?  Or can I get them cheaper at a garden
center?  <<

If all you want to know is the soil ph, these aren't a bad way to go. I have seen a few cheaper ones but not with 100 strips. Nice thing is that you can get individual readings on different areas of your garden.

If you're really after all the info including what nutrients might be lacking, go for the full spectrum soil analysis.

Ours was done quite a few years ago but cost only around $30 through Peaceful Valley Farm Supply. We found our soil to be lacking in a few trace minerals and horribly short of calcium. Waiting for the information was the hardest part but it was one of the best investments we've made.

Christy Hensler

Newport, WA z4b