Re: OT: soil pH test kit

From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>

At 02:48 PM 1/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)
>
>I found out that we sell soil pH test kits at work.  With my employee
>discount I can get them for $19.01 (can't forget that extra $.01!).

For about the same money I got a pH meter. You just stick it in the ground,
read it, wipe it clean. It's certainly accurate enough to have really
helped me with beardless iris (with our limestone-based clay soil, I regard
the discovery of Miracid as my personal Rosetta stone in growing beardless
iris, not to mention pine tree seedlings, azaleas, rhododendrons and other
acid-loving stuff.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
hirundo@tricon.net