HYB: height classifications

From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

Bearded irises are very emphatically classified by height.  (Awkward
way to say it, but you know what I mean.)  What about beardless?  Do
hybridizers try to grow miniature dwarf Japanese irises?  or dwarf
Louisianas?  or dwarf Spurias?  (I'm sure they do, but why isn't there
a conventional way to talk about them?  I mean, I know for a fact that
Spuria species come just a few inches tall, and others 6 feet tall,
so why not have a similar system like: MDS, BS, IS, TS, etc.)  Is it
simply from a lack of popularity?

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, SLI, & Miami Valley Iris Society
(Check out my web page at http://home.fuse.net/dkramb/home.html)