Re: HYB: Zonals

From: dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Mike Lowe wrote:

> From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>
>
> Scrounging around in my catalogs has failed to turn up a photo of Mount
> Royal. I'm not exactly hitting on all cylinders on descriptions, either.
>
> >From the Schreiner's 1932 catalog: Dark Blue Toned Iris (Section 1 C) Group
> 7, New and trial varieties: in the class of Lent A. Williamson -- Mount
> Royal is noteworthy for its fragrance which is extraordinary.
>
> >From the Royal Iris Gardens, Col. J. C. Nicholls, 1933 catalog: Mount Royal
> (Morgan 1924) 40" S. light blue; F. dark blue purple. Very large flowers
> and noted for its delicious fragrance.
> Cheers, Mike

OK, I indentified Indian Hills from a photo taken at the RBG last June.
So if this flwoer does not have zonals I'll have to keep an eye out for
another that looks like it. Thanks for filling in background on Mount
Royal. This is one sturdy rot resistant iris and is quite common around
here.

 --
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
cold edge of Zone 4 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

URL for the North American Native Irises web page
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html