Re: HYB: R & Is

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

	Inserts by Walter Moores
                           Enid Lake, MS (mid 70o's today)

> The discussion of how many seedlings it takes to find an iris of
> distinction reminds me -- it is almost time for the '1998 Registrations and
> Introductions' to hit the street. (actually, the pre-paids are going in the
> mail today as per Nancy Pocklington, AIS Publication Sales)

	I never know how much  money  to send ( it usually changes yearly )
until I get the January issue and wade through the November minutes
to find out how much the thing cost.  I wish I were a member of the
'in group' and could prepay and have it come 'automatically' .

> It is always of  interest to see how many hybridizers have come down with a 'Junk

	I thought we were beyond all that!  I was informed that all the
'junk dealers' had died off or were too old and wobbly to smear
> The symptoms vary -- but usually consist of registering more than 40
> cultivars.

	If it is Schreiner's doing this, it is ok!
>However, sometimes the whole galumphing herd is introduced and
>marketed.  This does have an impact.
	Many times one can tell the junk dealers by the names they use  for
their 'babies.'  No caring person would give such horrible names to
their children if they thought their children were worthy.