Re: HIST: Correction--Royal Gardens

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> Col. Nicholls is the guy . . . .   He did, however, market many "vinicolors" and wrote a most
> interesting account of collecting these from  "dismal swamps" in one of his
> Royal Gardens catalogs.
>
> Cheers,
> Dorothy (Fingerhood) Stiefel
> Newfield, NY

	Dorothy, your mention of 'vinicolors' certainly grabbed my
attention.  I have one, and it is always a beauty in bloom each
spring.  Are any of these still around?  And, they survive that far
north?  If so, this is another LA that can be added to the gardens in
colder climates.  Please tell me some still grow in Ithaca.  Thanks!

		Walter Moores
		Enid Lake, MS 7/8