Re: HYB: chromosome counts

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

If I recall my cell biology classes correctly, the basic high school and
university microscopes have settings for X10, X40 and X100.  I don't recall
which setting we used for chromosome counts (X40 or X100) but the basic
microscope was certainly sufficient.  I believe that it costs a few hundred
dollars.  The expensive part of doing chromosome counts professionally is
the photographic equipment.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)