Re: HYB: R & Is

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

Mike Lowe wrote:
> And the fact that, between the award of the Hybridizer's Medal 44
> years ago
> to the Schreiner family and the award of the Hybridizer's Medal to Ray
> Schreiner in 1998: they have won eight Dykes Medals, 3 Wister medals and
> 113 Award of Merit or equivalent awards, tells you that 'someone there has
> a fine eye for picking good iris!'  8-;

Chris comments:
I do AGREE with the above observation BUT the scale of the marketing aspect
of the introductions is also absolutely a factor in this equation. Not to
say that this is good or bad but I did want to point this out.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society