Re: Pseudonyms

From: RYFigge@aol.com

About reputable irisarians (and NOBODY  had better doubt that the Schreiners
are anything but!) sending out "pseudonyms"   don't forget that anyone who is
not able to do the work "myswelf"(as my 2 yr old granddaghter used to insist)
is dependent on "hired help"  (even  me with my little garden)  and  it is
difficult to train these people with the feeling of honor and integrity so
that they will  "fess up" if they even THINK a mistake  has been made as to
where a tossed iris landed in the digging, etc  - was it in "A pile" where  it
should have been or did it fly too far through the air and land on the edge of
"B pile"  etc -- there are myriad of possibilities.  In my case, I just mark
it with a ? label and wait and see.  But if it happens when I'm not watching
-- who knows until bloomtime?    And then you have to add the problem of
foreign (most likely Mexican) workers and you have a language barrier besides
a moral/honor one.  It is a wonder more mistakes aren't made -- --  and it is
so rewarding when they are recognized and corrected.  Rosalie nr Baltimore
zone 7  ryfigge@aol.com   As you see breakfast is over and I'mtired of
housework which I must now get back to the drudgery part of life .  Those in
summer climates can always go outside and dig  in dirt which is  fun and not
use a dustcloth on it!