Re: Pseudonyms & labels

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

Julia Rankin wrote

> > Year before last Schreiners sent me 8 or 9 cvs that were
> >>mislabeled. I was never able to identify most of them. They did,
> naturally,
> >>replace them this year with (hopefully) correctly named rhizomes

.> >Bill Shear's comment;

> >This is astounding.  Has anybody else had this experience with
Schreiners'?

This is astounding,  I have never ordered from Schreiners, In fact I never
heard of them till this year. From the information I have received this
year , my money would be on them to send  correctly labeled iris rhizomes.
Their  reputation  is hard to beat.

I have been growing Iris 25 years about 10 years ago my interest grew. As I
acquired new ones I realized the need of keeping each cultv. separated and
labeled. Lemon Mist or  just #26 worked for a while. This year , with the
advice of some new iris friends I decided to keep only named varieties. I
do not have a lot of room so I have to be very selective.

In the past  I have traded and bought from K-mart, Lowe's , Spring Valley
etc.  Franks being the best of the lot. Took $.8.00 + telephone calls and
several letters to get Spring V. to replace a $2.50 rhizome.

Last year I  went to the Commercial growers farm  and made a purchase.
8 cultv.  three labeled wrong one labeled right but misunderstanding  so
got wrong one. Two have not bloomed. $ 30 Order  extras O . Was allowed to
dig 25 seedling rejects no purchase required.

Order from one commercial garden this year. Some did great so far all slow
starters . Three still in Hibernation since middle of July. None rebloomers
so no blooms yet.  Labeled right? we will see.

Here's hoping
Michael D. Greenfield
redear@infinet.com

P.S. to Rosealee Figg     its just a machine that does only what you tell
it to do . Got to learn to talk to it.

>>I wanted to add "& Labels" to the subject to go with my answer and this
one-
tracked monster keeps wanting me to add it to some file which I DON'Twant
do -- so then it erases what I wantg to send --- and even after I take off
the
addition, it can't get thru its bonehead that the change is no longerf
there,
it keeps wanting to do something i don't need or want -- and I don't know
how
to handle this monster === but since I am also  stubborn, I'll add my
message
for the third time and then go about my business - eat breakfast etc<<

Thanks got my smile today  Mike