{iris talk}CAT: (was pseud & labels)

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/19/1999 11:26:43 AM Central Standard Time,
redear@infinet.com writes:

<< > >This is astounding.  Has anybody else had this experience with
 Schreiners'?

My opinion--for what it's worth.  If I were told I could only buy 1 iris in
1999, (please--no! No! no! (a thousand fold!)) and I were told to place my
order where I would get an iris properly labeled, in good growing shape, and
where it would be replaced if something happened, I would send my money to
Schreiners.  Overly big irises may be water logged and should be dried out a
bit before they are planted.  Now a word on bonus iris . . . they aren't too
good with bonus irises unless you send them a letter and supply a long list of
acceptable bonuses.  Don't be afraid to request 99 introductions if you've
placed a good order.

After 17 years of buying irises from all corners of the contiguous United
States, this is my opinion.

Betty