Re: Pseudonyms & labels

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

My $ .02  worth
> From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
> To: iris-talk@onelist.com
> Subject: [iris-talk] Re: Pseudonyms & labels
> Date: Tuesday, January 19, 1999 12:04 PM
> From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
> Michael--
> You must order from reputable iris growers to get good plants and
> labelled ones.

(I did.  One small  AIS member iris grower and one Large AIS member iris
grower.  One ripped me good and unhappy with other one.  don't care to
mention names because they will never get my business again. Neither  will
Spring Hill. I have not had trouble with Franks but I am no expert on Iris
Ids. at least the look like the picture.)

> Schreiners' is considered by many the biggest and most reliable iris
> grower, with  at least a dozen other firms (Cooley's, Maryott,
> Superstition, Suttons, Roris, Nicholls, Long's, Friendship, Iris Gallery,
> Chuck Chapman, etc., etc.) of equal quality.

(No argument from me on that.)

> I would strongly advise you to join AIS if you have not already, and
(Starting on second year.)

Julia Rankin wrote

> Year before last Schreiners sent me 8 or 9 cvs that were
>mislabeled. I was never able to identify most of them. They did,
> naturally,
>replace them this year with (hopefully) correctly named rhizomes

( Even the best can make mistakes)

 >WalMart and the rip-off artists.  They are out there to make money the
way they want to do it. But not against the law.

Michael D. Greenfield
Member AIS MVIS
50 years OJT as a Gardner
25 years OJT growing Iris