CAT: accuracy of Schriener's

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

One of our club members who has been growing irises for 50+ yrs got a
batch of mislabelled plants from the Schrieners one year.  I don't know
if he has ordered from them every year.  I assume that was an isolated
incident, but several plants in his order were mislabelled, similar to
the problem that started this thread.

Also, I noticed in a new club member's garden that a plant ordered from
Schrieners labelled LACED COTTON was definitely not - pretty sure it was
LEDA'S LOVER.  They liked it & didn't care, but I found it worrisome -
it made me wonder how many of the 'specials' of older irises are true to
name.

I'm not posting this to say anything negative about Schrieners, just
that mistakes happen with all these places.  After all, who among us
hasn't carefully labelled, divided and moved established clumps only to
find we have still managed to mess up the labels now and then, even when
we have no illiterate alien help to blame it on?  Hmm, I guess I could
blame the helpful hound - he's pretty illiterate & definitely alien....

Linda M