Re: CAT: Misnamed varieties

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/20/1999 8:29:21 AM Central Standard Time, lmann@icx.net

<< Also, I noticed in a new club member's garden that a plant ordered from
 Schrieners labelled LACED COTTON was definitely not - pretty sure it was

In my personal experience, it is more likely that dogs, cats, neighborhood
children, and well meaning visitors are accountable for misidentified irises.
Of course, that's only the answer if you have both irises.

On a couple of occasions, I've gone to check on newly planted seedlings and
found markers pulled from the ground and strown about.  A family of young
groundhogs got playful.  Makes garden diagrams very important.