Re: Pseudonyms & seed auction

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Many hybridizers end up with more seed than they can use, would folks
>be interested in purchasing (or bidding upon), seeds from a known
>cross??  Kathy Guest... running an idea up the cyber-flagpole

I think this is an excellent idea Kathy. The smaller hybridisers often
don't grow all their seeds, simply because they don't have room. They
may be making carefully planned crosses well worth growing. A particular
cross may fit in well with someones future plans, and they may not have
those parents available, or their cross didn't take. For people like
Patricia who would just like to grow SOMETHING, I'd be happy to send
some of my surplus. I have decided 1000 seedlings is my limit, and am
busy culling at the seed stage, so I only plant what I most want to see
Remembler, obtaining a seedling from a big hybridiser doesn't
necessarily put you 'ahead' with YOUR breeding program, even if it is a
superb seedling, as it is part of another persons program. It is often
worth the wait to buy the best introduced cv available to fit your own

Jan Clark, in Australia, bringing in the sheaves (of iris pods)