HYB: Using the best available

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Betty writes:
>  When using another's iris, introduced not seedlings,
>you are 6 to 10 years behind from the start.  How far depends on how
fast the iris grows.

Yes, and this could prove to be very frustrating if you are a small
hybridiser trying to keep up with someone like Schreiners. But why even
think of being 'behind'? If you're creative, and have your own ideas of
what you want to produce, you go in your own direction. (Like our Lloyd
with his rebloomers and SA's) and let the others chase your tail when
they realise you have something worth having. If your a small
hybridiser, it's perhaps the only way to get anywhere. IMHO anyway.
Jan Clark