CAT: growers that don't ship or respond

From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>

I was a bit quick on the trash key to catch the person who said they had an
order that was not received and apparently not shipped in spite of letters
and calls to the contrary.

Since the UPS strike, many growers have shipped over to Priority Mail for
shipping at less than half the cost, but there is no way of tracking online
as one can do with UPS, so it becomes a question of he says vs. she says
whether they were shipped.

I have a more perplexing problem. I ordered $131 of Louisiana iris from a
grower on 23 July, and in spite of several letters and several telephone
calls, they have not responded in any way. I'm at a loss what to do. What
if illness or some other traumatic event I don't know about has prevented
them from shipping orders? That's why I'm not mentioning them by name. I
keep hoping there's some logical explanation, but phone calls just get me
an answering machine.

If anyone has had a similar problem with Louisiana iris this year, please
respond to me directly, rather than to Iris Chat at large.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
Persimmon Katz
 { o o }