Re: HYB: flower of the rainbow

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Bill Shear wrote:

>Can anyone in the loop tell us about recent progress on yellow siberians?

	I am not in the loop but hang around the margins being sort of a
	loopee.

	The Siberian eMail robin has been discussing the current progress
	of yellow Siberians the past couple of days. We also had some other
	discussions around October on the subject. We have four or
	five hybridizers that are presently working on yellow Siberians.
	We have other hybridizers on the SIBROB that may be working on
	them as well but they haven't chimed in yet. One of them is
	Bob Hollingworth of Morgan-Wood medal fame, the top award for
	Siberians. I think he has three so far. He is the hybridizer of
	Pas de Deux.

	Andy Wheeler of Mass. and Edmundas Kondratas of Lithuania are
	doing some work using Marlene Ahlberg's 'Welfe' line from
	Germany. Of course, Butter & Sugar (McEwen) figures prominently
	in her work. * BTW, B & S stays a significantly yellow amoena for
	at least two days in my cloudy, cool climate.

	I have made the Sibrob archives public so anyone can browse around
	on the ONElist. I do have the posts that were sent in October and
	they are pix as well. They are in my private Sibrob folder but
	contact me privately and I will try to get them to anyone who asks.
	We finally moved to our new house Mon. and I am up to my ears in
	boxes so it may be next week before I have time to search thru
	my files.

	Someone who is more in the *loop* might be of more help than this
	loopee. :)

	Cheers,

	Ellen

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone 3a
Manager of AIS Siberian iris e-mail robin

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/sibrob (subscribing)

http://www.onelist.com/archives.cgi/sibrob (archives)