TB: Superior Foliage

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Linda Mann's earlier observations on the growth status of the
cultivars presently growing in her estate prompts me to remark
on IDIDIT Schick '97.  This was a bonus received from 'Stockton
Iris Gardens' and did not bloom for me the first spring (maybe
this year).  The foliage growth on this TB is superior to any
other iris I've grown.  It stands out among the others for simply
giving a healthier stand of growth.  It appears that LEMON CHESS
Moores '96 may give it competition if it continues.  Do any of you
grow these and are mine flukes or do they inherently have stronger
foliage growth?  Nothing else, even the tough old grandmother irises,
are in the same league.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7