Re: two cents

From: IRISROT@aol.com

In a message dated 1/20/99 7:37:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, lmann@icx.net

> rom: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
>  Jim Irisrot asked:
>  > Why aren't people allowed to make mention of a bad experience ?
>  No rule says they can't.  This is a relatively unmoderated list, so
>  while sometimes we listers try to control each other, it doesn't usually
>  work.  Gripe away.
>  Linda Mann

I know and agree with you. I know my explanation was vague. I was trying to
say if we go beyond just letting people know a good grower we are opening
ourselves up to a negative comment. I disagree with an earlier comment that a
bad comment on here will do a lot of harm. I don't believe a bad comment on
here will do near the harm if it's one on one. Here people can read that 99.5
percent have had good results from the grower. But my opinion is we shouldn't
get into details whether it be good or bad. Let's recommend growers that have
treated us fairly to others. If someone wants the address we can supply that
to them.

Changing the subject now....
I do some pollen daubing on a small scale. Have had some nice results even
though I am very nieve when it comes to chromosome counts, and etc.  I have
grown flowers most all my life so try and use this knowledge when I make a
cross. I highly recommend anyone to try and make a few crosses it's fun. I
especially would love to see the youth make at least 10 crosses a year. Reason
for this is once you graduate from college if you decide to become a
hybridizer you already have a good foundation to start making crosses
seriously. Make 10 good crosses meaning using at least AM or higher in your
crosses. Please youth if you have a question ask a hybridizer he or she will
be more than happy to give you some tips. More later....

							Jim Loveland