Re: HIST: CORONATION?

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

Anner writes:

> Shull did not note
> purple tingeing on the foliage of these: ANNE LESLIE, DOLLY MADISON, MME
> CHERI, NANCY ORNE, ROMANY, SALONIQUE, SHERBERT, SHERWIN- WRIGHT, or
SOLANA,
> but they do appear on Edinger's list.

Perhaps the most apposite observation here is with respect to
SHERWIN-WRIGHT, since it is a sport of HONORABILE of which VIRGINIA MOORE
is both a child and grandchild. If Shull did not note, or consider worthy
of mention, the purple tingeing of S-W, might he not have done the same
with VM?

Furthermore, since we are dealing with diploids here, what is the
probability that purple based foliage (a dominant trait) was not passed on
to VM by its parent/grandparent HONORABILE?

jcwalters@bridgernet.com