Re: CAT: Accuracy and the like...

From: John Montgomery <monashee@junction.net>

>From: skorblizzard@hotmail.com
>I don't know about all of you, but personally, I like to read both the
good experiences and the bad experiences of people who order from the
catalogues.

>And I think that this IS the forum for such discussion. No one should be
chastised for speaking his or her opinion.

Over the past couple of years there have been several discussions in which
a few disreputable companies were given well-deserved black eyes. Check in
the archives for Michigan Bulb Co. or Springhill for example.
The point is that this discussion was initiated by a statement that on what
I think was a first time order, there were several mistakes made. There was
no mention that that person had contacted the company in question to
register a complaint. In my opinion that is simply unfair and something
which should not be broadcast. Had they been contacted and offered no
remedial action, then that is something which we should want to know about.

>To me, most of the people on this list are very careful not to offend
anyone, even when discussing a problem they have had. Take a look at some
of the other lists and see what goes on there... Iris-talkers are a bunch
of pussycats in comparison!

And this is one of the reasons which I have remained on this list and I
hope that it doesn't change.

>If people are worried about getting a bad "rap" from an upset customer,
they might try just a little bit harder to get the order right to begin
with. And, on that note, we all do make mistakes - such is life.

They try, believe me. While I was in the catalog business, nothing would
spoil my day as much as a call or letter saying that we had sent the wrong
plant. If it had died I could always think that perhaps it wasn't cared for
very well but the wrong plant was entirely our fault and was a very
humiliating experience. As awful as that call would be however the
alternative of not having the opportunity to correct it would be worse.
i think there is a difference between a free for all and fair comment. Tell
us about your bad experience if you fail to obtain redress or if it is
repeated.

John Montgomery
monashee@junction.net
Vernon  BC  Zone 5		Whose kitten barfed into his Birkenstocks today. I
guess that ends my time as a Yuppie"
>... But, then again (you might think I am wrong) I still believe that I do
have the right to voice my opinion and my experiences if I choose to do so.