Re: seed auction

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 1/20/1999 8:34:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, prw@televar.com
writes:

<< Since I have no breeding program in mind
 yet I would really like any seeds at all.  >>

I'm thrilled that there seems to be so much interest in this possibility.  In
my own experience, I started growing irises from seed just to have the thrill
of seeing a plant for the first time that has never existed before.  There's
many reasons to start things from seed:  expanding the gene pool in your
hybridizing program is probably not the No. 1 reason on this list.  For those
of us in the north who would grow inside, this gives us our gardening fix
during the dreary months, we have the thrill of blooming something new, and we
have the satisfaction that comes of seeing such a thing through.

I'm going to see what I can come up with.... in the meantime, if anyone on
this list has any seed they would like to share - please let me know.

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY