Re: Schreiner's

From: "Martha Brown" <mbrown@pldi.net>

	As someone new to Iris and to the list I read the comment about
Schreiner's and when it was pointed out that the order was wrong BUT
Schreiner's had not only replaced the order but offered nice bonus plants I
immediately called to request their catalogue.  I appreciate a company who
when a mistake is made will correct it with no problem.
	I also appreciated I believe it was Bill Shear asking if anyone else had a
problem with Schreiner's.  As was noted several very positive endorsements
were made which also impressed me with the way they do business.
	I had crossed them off the list of companies to order from because I had
been told locally that 90% of the rhizomes from them rot in my area.  That
was also addressed in the post today recommending that I might wait 2-3
weeks to plant these rhizomes.
	One of the negatives I have garnered from this list  was no response to my
questions about spacing and organization of a new garden which will be on
garden tours so in effect a "display garden" although the main thread at
the time was public relations.  The other was the post  attacking the
person who posted about the wrong order from Schreiners.
	I had decided to unsubscribe as I didn't feel I was gaining anything from
this list as most of the hybridizing is so far over my head and of no
interest.  The Schreiners post and the post about waiting 2-3 weeks to
plant give me hope and I will "lurk" a while longer.

Martha
M Brown
NW Oklahoma, USA
USDA Zone 6b,  Sunset Zone 35