Re: TB: Superior Foliage

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: Superior Foliage
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:00:36 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Donald Eaves in Texas wrote:
>Linda Mann's earlier observations on the growth status of the
>cultivars presently growing in her estate prompts me to remark
>on IDIDIT Schick '97.  This was a bonus received from 'Stockton
>Iris Gardens' and did not bloom for me the first spring (maybe
>this year).  The foliage growth on this TB is superior to any
>other iris I've grown.  It stands out among the others for simply
>giving a healthier stand of growth.  It appears that LEMON CHESS
>Moores '96 may give it competition if it continues.  Do any of you
>grow these and are mine flukes or do they inherently have stronger
>foliage growth?  Nothing else, even the tough old grandmother irises,
>are in the same league.

Walter tells me LEMON CHESS grows well for everybody but me.  Sigh.  It
was doing better last summer when I moved the remnants from the gravel
field to the new, raised rebloomer beds, but seems to be declining
again.  It may finally be well enough to bloom this spring, but
definitely is below the median for vigor & health here.

Linda "Eyore" Mann east Tennessee USA
Thinking that if we quit complaining, asking negative questions, &
reporting negative experiences we may not learn much from one another.