Re: CAT: growers that don't ship or respond

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> If you ordered from Lone Star Louisiana Iris Garden in Texas, they are
> officially out of business. The reason I am answering publicly is it was
> announced here on this list some time back. Several persons on the list had
> inquired about the status of their orders. The owner, Farron Campbell sent
> us the message he was officially closed.
>
> Ruth B. Simmons - Oklahoma - Zone 7

	Ruth, I am not picking at you for posting about the defunct status
of Lone Star Gardens.  My question is can you absolve yourself from
sending refunds by merely announcing on the net that your business
has closed?  Not responding to letters or telephone calls after
somebody in good faith placed an order with you is completely
unethical.  I have not heard of a tragedy or an illness that would
preclude LSG from satisfying their customers' complaints with a
prompt reply or refund.  Again, I don't know the whole story, but it
seems to me that enough time has passed for LSG to make adjustments.

	Something like this would really get my dander up.  It is not in the
same category where Schreiner's supposedly goofed up on an order and
received a inordinant  amount of flack on this list for sending out
a few mislabeled rhizomes.  If I am wrong, please correct me.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8