Re: Schreiner's

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Dear Mary - congrats on your logical conclusions.  The cat. people will tell
you how far apart etc to plant, but I'll add my experiences:  If you have a
small area and you want instant bloom concentrated, you plant closer together
-- say 8" apart, but that means you will need to reset them in another year if
they increase.  If you want to wait 3 years to replant then,  have them about
`'1 8" apart -- I think the cats. recommend 24"   And it depends on whether
you are dealing with TBs or SDBs or beardless (and whether SIBS - which can
stay longer -or JIs which need to be moved in 3 yrs) AND whether you are
planting 1 or 3 that are alike.  Keep in mind that SDBs are likely to increase
faster than TBs
I have planted my Rebloomers  20" apart, sideways and front to back)  because
I don't want to do this again soon.  My others are much closer (10"??) because
they are on probation- I might not want to keep them? and that will give the
others more space --or they might not grow  too fast or  a myriad of reasons,
including I was running out of space!!!   I didn't see  your original asking
for help - I'd be glad to help in anything else I can --- I've "been there"
and know there can be problems.    Hope you are going to try some rebloomers!
This is my last year as Pres. of the Reblooming Iris Society and  rebloomers
can give you iris pleasure again later on in the season! And, to me, that is a
big plus!    Rosalie nr  Baltimore    zone 7   ryfigge@aol.com