HIST: HYB: CULT: source of freeze resistant evergreen?

  • To: Iris-talk <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: HIST: HYB: CULT: source of freeze resistant evergreen?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:01:31 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Nobody offered a suggestion when I asked before, so I'll try again.

Some (a very few) of these TB's have green (apparently growing) foliage
that doesn't seem to be injured much, if any, by these rollercoaster
freezes with bouts of several nights down to 10oF.

Any guesses as to where that comes from?  Is it thought to be from one
species or the lucky combination of two or more?  Or am I asking another
question that nobody onlist is willing/able to take a stab at?

Linda Mann