SPEC: I. variegata

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Bill Shear wrote:
> This summer a friend gave me a plastic bag
> full of I. variegata rhizomes

Bill, seeing how differently the two I. variegata clones I bought this
summer are growing (or not growing I should say) compared to HONORABILE,
which I now see from the chromosome counts shared by Mike Lowe isn't
really all variegata, I'm wondering what do your plants look like right
now, assuming they aren't under snow?  Are they all one clone?  Do you
know their history (origin)?  The rhizomes I bought were quite small,
but had increases on them, which made me think the size might be normal
for the clone.  Since they came from a grower who specializes in MTBs,
I'm wondering if maybe they are clones chosen for their more delicate
appearance.  So, I'd be interested in anything you can say about the
appearance of your new I. variegatas.  Thanks.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA