Re: CULT: ground cover companions for TBs

My favorites so far for ground covers are all annuals.

Garden Bride baby's breath is a lovely mound shaped thing with lacey foliage and tiny pink flowers.

The California poppies are allowed to come up wherever they please and as long as the blooms are magenta, rose or ivory, they have no fear of being composted.

The Rhoes poppies can become quite tall, up to 1 1/2 feet but the form is very open and delicate so don't trap moisture. We have single, double, and semi-double forms in all colors.

All of these love the drier conditions of the bearded iris area and since they reseed themselves, I don't have the work of raising them each year.

Christy Hensler

Newport, WA z4b