Re: Cat: First Iris Catalogue of the Year (Ottawa Ontario Canada)

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

Maureen said...

..It was a delight to get the first iris catalogue of the year.  It is
a  Canadian
only catalogue, but for you Canadians who are looking for a source of a
large variety of siberians -- this one is it (colour pictures too).  The

catalogue lists historics and new varieties as well as some from Japan.
It is the largest selection of siberians that I have seen.

This is Jean-Marc Boileau's second year running mail-order for his
Broilers.  His principle interest is siberians but he also has a number
other beardless iris.
The address is

Box 592, Deschesnes Rd.
Chelsea, QC, Canada
J0X 1N0

The catalogue is in English.  It does not specifically state Jean-Marc
will not ship outside of Canada; however no ordering or shipping
information is provided for those outside of Canada.   Maureen has been
exchanging e-mails for at least a month and this may have come up in
those private e-mails.

The list is quite extensive; at least 180 cultivars of siberians plus
several more of versicolor and other items.  There are several pages of
colour (scanned?) photographs.

We seem to have an embarrassment of siberian riches in the Ottawa Valley
now, what with White House Perennials equidistant to us.  (I believe
they have the same number of iris as Borealiris, just in smaller point

My personal interest is with the Ho Shidara selections.  I have two of
the six offered; they are very vigourous growers in my garden.  I split
a clump of 'Helicopter' at the end of the third year.

Sandy Ives in Ottawa (where we are having another bout of ice) Zone 4