Re: HIST: HYB: CULT: source of freeze resistant evergreen?

From: "wstone" <wstone@volcano.net>

Linda;   I hope you get some more replies than mine as it seems to I
have effect on many of us. I grow at the 3500' elevation in the
Sierras and occasionally have the roller coaster freezes but on the
average it is more consistent. When I have new growth low to the
ground it seems not to be effected as bad as new growth that is 6-8"
high. Even then some varieties handle the weather different then
others. ( I grow mainly TB ) I have a brother in Langel Valley Oregon
and his iris will freeze back to the ground a couple of times or more
per year. There is some varieties he cannot grow while some do poorly
and some do great. My problem is his record keeping leaves something
to be desired,     Bill
wstone@volcano.net
Stone's Iris Garden
Volcano, CA 95689           55 miles  SE Sacramento, Zone 7, 3500'
elev.