Re: Pseudonyms & seed auction

From: "BillSmoot" <BillSmoot@email.msn.com>

>>SIGNA offers this sort of thing too, actually.  Tony Huber seedlings were
>>readily available and I got some.
>
>My understanding is that SIGNA offers only seeds, not seedlings.

    For many years Joe Mertzweiler sold some of his seedlings at the annual
Society for Louisiana Iris Conventions.  These pots were affectionately
known as "Joe's Pots" and were seedling from his crosses started in coffee
cans.  I can remember that they sold in the range of $25 - $50.  The winning
bidder had all rights to the seedlings and could register, name and
introduce any of the seedling.

Bill Smoot