CULT: Companions

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 1/23/99 3:25:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dmason@rainyriver.Lakeheadu.Ca writes:

<<  One companion plant for TBs, IBs, and daylillies that has done well for me
is Artemesia 'Silver Mound.'  >>

I love artemisias with or without irises. "Silver Mound", however, tends to
mug out in our humidity. I've had better luck with Artemisa stellariana
"Silver Brocade" which looks like a prostrate Dusty Miller. Nothing wrong with
Dusty Miller, either. Of the larger deeply lacinaited artemisias I think the
ubiquitous "Powys Castle" is less attractive that some other cultivars,
especiallly "Mrs. G. Reed" which I've found only at Viette. Where PC is a warm
grey, MGR is a cooler green grey and I like it a lot. With this grey you'll
want some dark green. Germander works for me.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com