AIS: Bulletin Landings

From: Irisborer@aol.com

It's that time again!  Word has it that the January edition of the AIS
Bulletin has either been dropped into the mail, or will be dropped into the
mail next week.  You're going to notice some changes and I think you're going
to like what you see.

First of all, the publisher has been changed - and therefore the mailing site.
Maybe this will improve delivery... maybe it won't.  But we sure won't know
unless you kind folks let me know (PRIVATELY...) when your Bulletin arrives.
Last one took 6 weeks - but there were some extenuating circumstances, so
maybe this one will be a truer picture.  Anyway, please let me know.

Now Terry has had a new binding with this edition - perfect bind (rather than
the saddle fold that we've had before).  The advantage is twofold.... first,
we can include more pages with this kind of binding... and we can print the
volume number and month/year on the end so you don't have to drag out all your
Bulletins to find the one you want.

Some other personal notes... the color (in my humble opinion) is extraordinary
and the photo layout dramatic.  Tell me if you agree.

For those who don't like the business stuff... this will not be your very
favorite issue since there are Board minutes, pictures and bios of new
Directors (including yours truly) and pictures and bios of new RVP's.  But...
on the other hand, there are people in the world who appreciate this stuff...
and there are people in the world who would not know who their RVP was if it
weren't printed here... so here it is.

There's some neat articles on the progress toward red in irises (just like
we've been discussing), information on which irises have won shows in your
areas ...the 1999 100 Favorite Irises and Design Corner.  And of course...
those first tantalizing ads of 1999.

So.... make sure your reading chair is comfy... and get ready cuz here it
comes.

Kathy Guest... thrilled to see Dana Borglum's LAKE KEUKA on the back cover!
from East Aurora, NY