Re: Sale of Seedlings

From: RPenn18273@aol.com

In a message dated 1/22/99 9:29:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time, JEM300@aol.com

<< << Dear Sharon:  You comment about unethical behavior in selling seedlings
  others.  I have heard that seedlings were sold by the Denver group after
  the Convention. This is not even second-hand information, - - but I keep
  hoping that this is false. Have you or others heard anything in this line.
  Lloyd Zurbrigg in Curham NC
 I understand the concern here but I believe it is unfounded.  I am friends
 with members of High Country Iris Society and asked about many of the irises
 after the convention.  My understanding was that seedlings were returned to
 the hybridizer by Cathy and Dennis Gates of Long's Gardens and that none were
 offered for sale.
	I was part of the sales in Region 20, High Country Iris Society, Elmohr Iris
Society (Colorado Springs), and Northern Colorado Iris & Daylily Society and
all the Iris on sale were named cultivars.

	All the seedlings and named cultivars were returned to the hybridizer or
destroyed as requested.  The iris were all collected and stored at Longs
Gardens, where they were dispersed to the different affiliates for sale.

	We had such an over abundant amount of Convention Iris for sale. High Country
Iris Society replanted Hudson Gardens.  Elmohr Iris Society incorporated many
into the Loomis Gardens in Colorado Springs.  We sent 1 named cultivars to
each of the Youth members of the AIS. We also offered named cultivars over

Randy Penn in Englewood, Co.