SPEC: SIGNA: saving seeds

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

Saw my first SIGNA list and was astounded by the number of seeds offered. Even though I've already got the ones I'd hoped for, I keep re-reading just for the fun of seeing so many things listed.

Have to admit I was surprised to see species crosses being offered as well as some from named cvs.

I'm an avid (rabid) seed saver and always manage to save far more seeds than I could ever hope to find room for and wouldn't mind donating the extras. Some varieties have no problem producing seeds by the bagful but others are a bit shy in the seed setting department.

Can anyone give me some ideas about how many would be too few (or too many) to bother with sending if this year's crop gets out of hand?

Thanks,

Christy Hensler

THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA