Re: SPEC: SIGNA: saving seeds

From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

>        Those receiving Signa seeds...have you planted them yet?  Indoors or
>outdoors??  Just specific crosses or all?

I planted all mine in pots and set the pots outdoors.  Everything (with one
exception) is completely hardy here.  In fact, many of them will need the
next two months of winter temps in order to germinate.

The most that I received in any packet was 108 seeds of missouriensis var.
pelogonus.  Next was missouriensis with 90 seeds.  Next was 32 seeds of
virginica "Iatan Titan", after that it was mostly 4, 5, or 6 per pack.  I
got 21 packs in all.  A couple packs had 12-18 in them.

There were 1000+ offered of the missouriensis var. pelogonus.  If I got 108
then only about 10 people must have ordered them.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, SLI, & Miami Valley Iris Society
(Check out my web page at http://home.fuse.net/dkramb/home.html)