Re: OT-BIO:David G. Holm

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>got some excellent advice from an aunt. Plant potatoes all around the
>it will grow a potato it will grow an iris. I still have a few of those
>potatoes sprouting up after 18 years, and have iris of different types
>around my house (in the gardens).
>Rita B

Sound advice, except that, once planted, it's hard to get rid of
potatoes. They keep popping up, year after year, even when I think I
have grubbed out every last bit. At present I can't see my LAI's for
potato foliage. They're those little long black ones, which look like
beetroot on the inside. The LAI's aren't doing so well, but we should
get a few good feeds out of the spuds.
Cheers, Jan Clark, in Australia