Re: CAT: Favorite Sources

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Irisborer@aol.com wrote:

> ANYWAY.... I'll start.  My 5 favorite iris sources (no particular order) are:

Well, OK, Kathy started this so I'll step up too...

Superstition Iris Gardens - TBs, Medians, ABs and lots more. Incredible value
and great rzs. Rick and Roger are always willing to go the extra effort to
help you.

Maryott's Iris Garden - Their catalog this year was OUTSTANDING. pictures
right next to the descriptions so you don't have to go hunting all over the
catalog. Or wonder what a flower looks like and not know whether it is
pictured in the catalog. The quality of their rzs is unbeatable.

Pleasure Iris Gardens - Arils, Arilbreds, Oncos etc. Luella is excellent with
her recommendations and help.

Bay View Gardens - Joe Ghio is one of the premier hybridizers for PCNs.

McAlister Iris Gardens - Who can resist the creations of our erstwhile
professor of genetics. Just to bring some of that gene pool into my own garden
is incredible. Value, generosity, patience with my naive questions.

And so many others

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones