Re: HIST: HYB: CULT: for betty ground covers

From: "Betty Schnellinger" <BEJIM@buffnet.net>

>From: Maslon@aol.com
>>the second one is called Lysimachia nummularia
>or golden creeping jenny
I saw Lysimachia nummularia 'Aurea' for the first time last spring and
purchased a small plant.  Just one.  It now covers a little more than a
square foot.  With its different shades of gold and sunny green,
It looks beautiful, bright and cheerful, right this very minute, having
survived a couple of feet of snowfall which has now pretty much
been rained away in my part of the western New York area.

I have it in a small contained spot where I'm waiting for it to fill in
around one of the newer purple-leaved heucheras -- 'Plum Pudding,'
I think.  It's in partial shade when the trees are in leaf, and in open sun
Based on this one short experience, and the fact that it looks so terrific
in the middle of winter, I recommend the plant, and I appreciate the
advice about keeping it away from irises.  It's nice to know that others
enjoy this plant, too.

Betty Schnellinger
Pembroke, NY   Zone 5