James Brooks wrote:

From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>

Since the weather turned cold again today, didn't get over 50, my chore for
the weekend is sanitation of dead leaves from the iris beds, and righting
the markers heaved over by frost earlier.

The established clumps of Siberians have a mass of dead foliage to cut
away, especially Caesar's Brother, which pretty well filled a garden cart
from just four plants.

My question is, does Siberian dead foliage harbor iris borer, so that it
needs to be dried out enough to be burned, or can I just put these in the
compost? Those of you from more Northern climes, can probably tell me more,
but I've never had a borer problem with any beardless iris.

>From Northeast Tennessee, where we garden year round, and complain about
the fact that it was in the 70s all last week while I had to work.