Re: LA: SLI in Little Rock

From: celia storey <storey@aristotle.net>

It occurs to me that some of you may have seen news of the devastation
wrought by tornadoes in Little Rock and begun to worry what shape we'll be
in for the 1999 Society for Louisiana Irises convention.

Fear not. Terrible as the ruin is, it falls far away from our tour gardens,
the part of downtown in which our hotel stands and the home gardens of our
hardworking members. Most of us merely received welcome rainfall.

Although the thought of feeling "lucky" offends my heart considering what
our poor city and especially its poorest citizens are going through, still,
the iris contingent here has been just that: lucky.

Our plantings seem to be riding out this erratic winter well, and our
preparations for SLI '99 are proceeding apace.

So mark those calendars for May 14-16.

SLI will send out a mass-mailing invite to its members very soon. If you
wish to receive this invitation because you'd really like to attend our
convention, but you have either not joined SLI or not rejoined in a timely
fashion, please post your snail-mail address to me PRIVATELY at the address
below.

The first 40 people who register for SLI '99 in response to the mass
mailing will receive a gift copy of "The Louisiana Iris" by Joseph
Mertzweiller and Marie Caillett. The first 20 registrants will also receive
a free LA rhizome bred here in Arkansas.

celia
Little Rock, Arkansas

storey@aristotle.net