OT - weather

I was walking out the door to go to work at 5:30 am and there was this strange glow.  It seems overnight we had 6 inches of snow.  Now I know that this is not a tremendous amount for most of you.  I thought it was significant  considering that fact that snow has not stuck on the ground here for the past 47 years.  It is always a hair raising experience to see CA drivers driving in the snow!  Anybody else having wild weather?
Mike Sutton
Porterville, CA Zone 8/9 and losing the /9.  More snow in the forecast this week.