Re: OT: weather

From:  Leslie Liddiard <liddiard@esn.net>
Hi All,
Linda Mann wrote:
<Ah Mike, I should have known you'd be experiencing unpleasant weather.
We are having absolutely gorgeous sunny warm weather with highs near
70.  On the 'up' side of the rollercoaster this week.>
I feel for Mike (Sutton) in California.  I lived in Lancaster, CA for 30+ years.  When we did have snow, we either had wet snow or over 1 ft. where it would freeze afterwards only to cause a pain for everyone.  Yes Mike, especially those of us who have to drive while most of those non-snow experienced drivers were waiting to scare us half to death.
We don't get a lot of snow here in Goldsboro, NC.  Last year we had two little dustings.  Maybe one the year before.  Three years ago we had 3 snowfalls, which froze afterward.  Because we don't see that much of the white stuff here, people still don't really know how to drive in it.  Thankfully, North Carolina does have snow plows (something you would never see in Southern California).
Last week we had beautiful 75 - 80 temps before the rainstorms hit.  Today is a beautiful 60 with the temps supposed to climb back into the 70's by tomorrow.
I haven't been back here long enough with my irises in the ground to really know, but, I don't like the idea of all this spring weather coming so early when we know that winter really isn't over.  Maybe Lloyd Z. or others around this area could let me know about this.
Leslie Liddiard
Goldsboro, NC
Zone 8