Re: TB: red-bearded blacks

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/26/1999 4:20:17 PM Central Standard Time, MARKM@tc.gc.ca

<< I have been eyeing them for some time but undecided as which to get.  The
 ones I have seen mentioned, NIGHT GAME, WITCHES WAND, and LOCAL COLOR are >>

Hi all.  We're talking family here.  Night Game and Local Color are
niece/nephew to Witch's Wand.  Their parents are Witches Sabbath and Gallant
Rogue.  Gallant Rogue is a sibling to Witch's Wand--one of five.  Only one of
these grew well for me -- Ambiance.  And it grew very well.

If NG or LC are stronger, it comes from Maryott's Witch's Sabbath, a yellow
bearded black.  Monty sent this to me by mistake one year--one of those
mistakes that turned out to be a blessing.  He identified it by my description
which was as follows: It looks like a dark damson plumb with a big woolly
bumble bee sitting in the middle of it.  It grew like a weed for me (and

Betty from B. G. KY.  Where it was very nice today.